The Six Great Ends
For generations, Presbyterians have summed up our reason for existence in what we call the Six Great Ends of the Church. As stated in our Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) Book of Order (F-1.0304), they are:
- The proclamation of the gospel for the salvation of humankind
- The shelter, nurture, and spiritual fellowship of the children of God
- The maintenance of divine worship
- The preservation of the truth
- The promotion of social righteousness
- The exhibition of the Kingdom of Heaven to the world
We know these are the purposes of the church – but do we really know them? What does Scripture have to teach us about these ends? How does Jesus model them for us? What can we learn about them in our own ministries? And what can we do better?
Why This Series
We at The Fellowship Community are committed to living out these Six Great Ends, and we believe we have a unique, vital, and joyful opportunity to bear witness to these ends in our congregations, in our communities, in our denomination, and in the world. Thanks to the generosity of The Presbyterian Foundation, we have developed this series to give Fellowship Community congregations in the PC(USA) a common experience in learning together both how we interpret and understand our collective mission and what we have in common with thousands of other Fellowship Community members across the country.
How To Use This Series
Each of the six videos includes:
- An introduction about the Great End that the video discusses
- Insights and experiences from a diverse variety of our Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) pastors, elders, and leaders – all members of The Fellowship Community – expanding on what each Great End means in theory and practice
- A series of two to three questions to engage your group in a discussion about their perspectives and experiences related to the Great End being discussed and its application in their particular context.
The series is ideal for a variety of settings. Including:
- Your small group ministry
- New member courses
- Officer training
- Sunday School classes
- …and more!
Thank you for joining us in this exciting study as we seek to proclaim the gospel together to the ends of the earth.
The cost for this great resource is $50 for Streaming Video. Streaming Video includes the option to download the videos. All orders have access to the downloadable PDF version of the Leaders’ Guide available here.Purchase the Streaming Video
For a FREE preview of the first video, click here.* Once you sign up we’ll send you a link to stream the first episode.
The Fellowship Community is a network of churches and leaders called together to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ by growing in Christ’s likeness, living by God’s Word, and joining in God’s mission in the world.
*Signing up will add you to our list for future email announcements. You may opt-out or unsubscribe at any time.