Category: Community

Learning What You Already Know

The Jewish Sabbath prayer says: “Days pass and the years vanish, and we walk sightless among miracles. Lord, fill our eyes with seeing and our minds with knowing; let there be moments when Your Presence, like lightning, illumines the darkness in which we walk.” I don’t know about you, but the older I get, the…
Read more

Listening

I know that you know that scripture often uses repetition to emphasize something important. If the same word or phrase appears several times in a row…pay attention. It turns out the same thing is true in life. If something keeps coming up repeatedly, I’ve learned to pay attention. It may be a coincidence. Or not.…
Read more

Quiet Amongst Chaos

I was in Plano (Dallas area), Texas last week for The Fellowship Community’s National Gathering. The first morning there I went out for an early run, using exercise as a way to get to know the area. I found a route from the hotel to Grace Presbyterian Church, which was hosting our event. Ducking off…
Read more

April 2023 Prayer

Gracious and Loving Lord, thank you for the gift of TFC and all the powerful ways you continue to use us as your ambassadors for Jesus. May we continue to be faithful to your call on our lives, to live joyfully in your presence, and to be generous with your grace. Fill us with your…
Read more