The Fellowship Community (TFC) is a network of churches and leaders called together to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ by growing in Christ’s likeness, living by God’s Word, and joining in God’s mission in the world.
At the heart of The Fellowship Community, is the desire to reclaim a covenanted biblical community, where we are united by a clearly articulated theology, a shared commitment to disciple-making, and a culture of encouragement and accountability.
- Jesus-shaped Identity We believe Jesus Christ must be at the center of our lives, and making disciples of Jesus at the core of our ministry.
- Biblical Integrity We believe the Bible is the unique and authoritative Word of God, which teaches all that is necessary for faith and life. The prominence of God’s Word over our lives shapes our priorities, and the unrivaled authority of the Bible directs our actions to be in concert with Christ’s very best for our lives.
- Thoughtful Theology We believe in theological education, constant learning, and the life of the mind, and celebrate this as one of the treasures of our Reformed heritage.
- Accountable Community We believe guidance is a corporate spiritual experience. We want to connect leaders to one another in healthy relationships of accountability, synergy, and care.
- Egalitarian Ministry We believe in unleashing the ministry gifts of women, men, and every ethnic group.
- Missional Centrality We believe in living out the whole of the Great Commission – including evangelism, spiritual formation, compassion, and redemptive justice – in our communities and around the world.
- Center-focused Spirituality We believe in calling people to the core of what it means to be followers of Jesus – what “mere Christianity” is and does – and not fixate on the boundaries.
- Leadership Velocity We believe identifying and developing gospel-centered leaders is critical for the church, and a great leadership culture is risk-taking, innovative, and organic.
- Kingdom Vitality We believe congregations should vigorously reproduce new missional communities to expand the Kingdom of God.
To see more about what we believe check out The Fellowship Community’s Essential Tenets.
As members of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), we who are part of The Fellowship Community submit to the Constitution of the PC(USA) including the Book of Order and Book of Confessions, insofar as submission does not undermine or compromise our principal loyalty to Jesus Christ and to God’s Will for humanity as it is revealed in Scripture.
We fully understand and accept there will be times when remaining faithful to our theological and confessional heritage, and to the voice of the Church around the world, will cause us to stand in direct opposition to current policies of the PC(USA). As a covenanted order, we will stand together, and will attempt at all times to speak God’s Truth as we know it with humility and grace.